Sunday 17 July 2016

Music video research


Music Video Research


Probably my favorite music video is this demonstration of sound on matter, the shots are incredible the use of slow-motion make this production visually stunning.  






Things I have observed watching music videos that make them stand out from other editing techniques are:

The timing of the cuts within a montage follow the rhythm of the music to make it more effective. This is something I want to include into my music video.

The getting artists to act along with a music that is played at double speed and filming at 50fps on a 25fps time base so the mouth syncs with the lyrics but all other motion is half speed when played back at 25fps.

Location choice, choosing locations to suit the mood of the song.

Mood lighting that matches the emotion of the song.





1 comment:

  1. Great - when I've got a bit more time, I'll check out these piano/cello guys further! Thanks, Josh.

    ReplyDelete