Sunday 30 April 2017

Film Noir self evaluation

All in all, I thought the Genre Film shooting went very well, we were efficient and fast at shooting (relatively) it only took about 4 hours all up. I thought the location was great for the film and We all did a good Job.

A couple of things I would improve on is reframing some of the shots, adding another fill light (Now I learnt how to use them properly) just to not let the shadows fall completely into black.

One thing I really learnt was how bad the crop factor is on the BMCC. The Some of the desired shots we were unable to achieve because of the narrow angle of the lens. However, I really liked shooting on the black magic apart from that and also the files size of the RAW format are unmanageable so I didn't shoot in RAW.

the other thing I learnt was to check properly the shutter angle!!!!!!!!!!! someone had left the camera set at 90º and I forgot to check until halfway through the film. (good thing there was no grain with the higher ISO)


1 comment:

  1. Ha - yes, never trust the previous user! :-)

    Thanks, Josh!

    ReplyDelete