Sunday 7 August 2016

Music Video Expereiments

For my music video I have been experimenting with colour correction and learning how to use RAW footage in Premiere. 


Photoshop Experiments
For a start I imported a .jpeg into photoshop to experiment with the colours, this worked well as there is a lot of verticality in photoshop. I used layer masks and and eye dropped the colour to select it. this was relatively easy to do once I figured it out. One thing I noticed I need to be careful to shoot on a cloudy day as some of the sunlight in the background got captured in the mask.






Resolve
Next I Imported the RW files into resolve to try to see what I could do... then I realised I had no idea how to use resolve so I quit, and opened premier.

Adobe Premiere
In premiere it was relatively simple after playing around.

Step one: Put RGB curves onto the clip adjust to try make the yellow stand out most against other colours. I did this by bringing dow a little red channel and a tiny bit if green... this actually made the white balance look natural too.
Next I put the three-way colour corrector on and use the secondary colour correction menu and use the eye dropper to select the yellow subject in the frame. 

 
Then I brought down the saturation levels under the saturation menu.
My first attempt I left the Master saturation at 65% and tried to put a blue grade on just to see how it would look... I don't like it so much.




My second attempt I did all at 0% saturation and no colour grade...





After Effects
Thought It would be ok at first... I was wrong...


I'm really glad I experimented with the footage on location and found what I need to do








No comments:

Post a Comment