Sunday 21 August 2016

Preparing for a music video

So getting everything ready for shooting the music video, Below is a list of things I have done and a list of things I will need to do... I am assuming the second list is longer...

Things I have done...


  • Location scouting
  • Casting
  • Equipment list
  • Production design planning



Things I need to do:


  • Location permissions and forms
  • Talent release forms
  • Music rights contract
  • Purchase props
  • Book equipment
  • Organise dolly and long lens from SIT pro


Equipment list:
  • Black Magic cinema camera + EF lens kit
  • 70-200mm EF Lens
  • Mattebox with grad filter
  • Memory card x2 and reader
  • Battery x3
  • Follow Focus kit
  • Tripod
  • Dolly
  • Redhead Kit
  • Music player
  • Reflector boards


Props, decorations, wardrobe & makeup

  • Yellow Scarf
  • Yellow shoes
  • Yellow nail polish
  • Lipgloss
  • Mascara
  • Eyeliner
  • Yellow Umbrella
  • Paper umbrella cutouts & Blu-tack

Overall I feel like I am confident to shoot the video I just need to go and do it so my goals for this week are to get all necessary permissions and bookings and then set a date to shoot (hopefully Tuesday next week).

some research I have done into similar styles of music videos have been:

Brook Fraser's Something In The Water. this was good to view as it had a similar style of performance, in terms of movement and facial expression that I wanted to capture.


Another video I was researching was another of Brook Fraser's Betty this was similar in the use of performance as well. I also thought it was one of the best ones that she has done in terms of production design in the use of colour.





No comments:

Post a Comment