Monday 24 October 2016

Shooting day debreif

Ok, It's time to do another debrief for me after the shooting day.
On the whole, it went pretty average...

One good thing is that the location was nice with good natural lighting...
But...

I didn't check the equipment before I left for the shoot... and the shoot was a long way away from town... and someone had taken the baseplate off the camera. So the only thing I could do after many failed attempts of resting the camera on toy boxes was to go handheld... so I tried a one-shot which actually worked. ( I think)






The other thing was that the microphone was stuffed... good thing I can do sound in post.

The other thing is that kids are very hard to get to stick to a script... but on the whole, I think the idea was captured in the free playing with the toys. (however the mum was camera shy so that part of the script was left out and replaced by my amazing one-shot!


The most important thing I learnt... check the equipment before leaving. and make scripts very simple if working with inexperienced kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment